1. Introduce the exercise and its purpose. You can use this one to get to know each member in the team, explore preferred ways of working, strengths, weaknesses and foster openness and vulnerability. Explain the meaning of each finger to the group:
Index finger - bad habits: any bad habits that might impact the team; negative behaviour patterns (i.e. procrastination, being late,…)
Middle finger - annoys me: things that irritate and upset you, that can influence collaboration and the team should be aware about
Ring finger - I value: things you appreciate and value and can enhance collaboration
Pinky - makes me feel small: things or situations that make you feel insecure or uncomfortable within a team
Palm - being open: anything that feels important/ good to share with the team. This can be personal things affecting you/ your work (i.e. a family member is currently not doing well, being pregnant, being dyslexic, suffering from anxiety…)
2. Give all participants time to fill in their High Five’s (check Facilitator note below*).
3. Let participants present their High Five by walking the rest of the group through each category/finger.
4. In the end of the presentation, give room for clarifying questions by other participants.
5. Let the group reflect on the exercise: how was this for you? How will this help you in your future collaboration with one another? (optional)
6. Land: thank everyone for sharing and being open about themselves. Remind the group of keeping these habits, traits and preferences in mind when collaborating with one another.